The Lignocellulosic Biorefinery Network (LBNet) is a Network in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy, a BBSRC NIBB, which was awarded to the University of York.
Please read the terms and conditions below. By becoming a member, you accept these terms and conditions and agree always to act in accordance with them. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not register as a member.
If you have any concerns about membership terms and conditions please contact the Network Manager before completing your registration.
The University: The University of York, of Heslington, York, YO10 5DD, UK
The Network: Lignocellulosic Biorefinery Network (LBNet), a BBSRC NIBB awarded to the University of York
Network executive group: The Network executive group is comprised of Network Director Professor Simon McQueen-Mason of the University of York, Network Deputy Director Professor Tim Bugg of the University of Warwick and Network Manager Dr Veronica Ongaro of the University of York
The website: The website of the Lignocellulosic Biorefinery Network
BBSRC: The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
1. How to become a Network member
You will become a member by submitting your details to the Network Manager using the membership form available on this website. You will be required to complete all fields marked as ‘essential’ and you may choose to provide additional information. You have the right to correct or amend the personal information you have provided at any time by contacting the Network Manager. If you wish to terminate your members you should contact the Network Manager and ask for your personal information to be deleted. A searchable directory of member’s personal information will be available on the website by 30th June 2014.
In choosing to submit your personal data, you understand and agree that this data will be:
- Collected for the purpose of building critical mass and enabling research consortia to respond to funding opportunities in the research area Lignocellulosic biorefinery
- Uploaded to the secure BBSRC NIBB extranet in line with BBSRC reporting and data collation requirements
- Stored on the Network website in a manner which makes it accessible to other Network members, some of whom may live outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), but not to non-members (NB: this facility will be available by 30th June 2014)
- Stored locally by the University on a secure server and used by the Network Manager to keep you up to date by email with relevant Network activities and funding opportunities
- Processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- Protected from unauthorised use and kept in a secure manner either electronically or on manual records in accordance with the University’s data protection and information security policies which are available at http://www.york.ac.uk/records-management/dp/
2. Your interactions with other Network members
As a Network member, you will shortly be able to search other member’s personal details with a view to exchanging research ideas and establishing research consortia. You will be able to access reports of Network workshops and events and may in the future be able to view research outputs resulting from the use of Proof of Concept funds before such outputs become publically available.
In becoming a Network member you understand and agree that:
- Any material displayed on the website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Your use of the website and its contents is at your own risk.
- You should seek advice from your Institution’s knowledge transfer/research support service prior to establishing consortia with other Network members. The University is not liable for losses resulting from your decision to engage in consortia building discussions with other Network members.
- Content provided in the website secure area is made available to Network members only and should not be passed to third parties. You must not share your unique login details with any other person and you must take immediate steps to change your login details if you suspect that another person is using them to gain access to the secure area.
- You have been given access to other Network member’s details for the single purpose of building critical mass and enabling research consortia to respond to funding opportunities in the research area of lignocellulosic biorefinery.
- You do not have permission to use contact details obtained from the member’s directory to send unsolicited emails for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Content shared through the website secure area will be subject to copyright. The University owns all Intellectual property rights contained in works which are created by us or on our behalf. You will not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded and you must not use any illustrations, photographs or graphics separately from any accompanying text. You will acknowledge the source of any material downloaded or printed from the Network website.
- Materials will be made available on the website in accordance with BBSRC’s data sharing policy statement http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/web/FILES/Policies/data-sharing-policy.pdf which expects that research data generated as a result of BBSRC support will be made available with as few restrictions as possible in a timely and responsible manner to the scientific community for subsequent research.
- Materials will be made available on the website in accordance with BBSRC’s knowledge exchange management policy http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/web/FILES/Policies/knowledgeexchange-commercialisation-policy.pdf which states that BBSRC has a responsibility to enable the optimal and successful application of the outcomes of the excellent research it funds and must ensure the widest benefit to society and the economy both within and beyond the UK.
3. Uploading content to the secure area of the website
As a Network member, you will have the opportunity from time to time to post comments on discussions forums which will be made available in the future within the website secure area. In becoming a member you understand and agree that:
- Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis and the University reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this facility without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time.
- Postings made in the website secure area should be treated as confidential and must not be passed to non-members.
- You are solely responsible for any postings you choose to make and the University will not be liable for such activities.
- You will not use any Network resources for any purposes which are unlawful or harmful.
- In the event that you upload content to the website such content will not be used for the transmission, uploading or posting of any computer viruses or any other harmful or deleterious files or programs.
- You will not transmit, upload or post any material which is defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, libellous or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Before uploading or posting information to the website, you will ensure that you have the full and unrestricted right to copy and distribute such materials. Anything you choose to share will be accessible for all Network members.
- The University is bound by the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or such later revisions of the Act and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. All information and communications uploaded or posted to the Network website may be subject to public disclosure under the FOIA, and that the University shall have no liability whatsoever to you arising from any disclosure of information it is required to make under the FOIA.
4. Attending Network events
As a Network member you will have the right to apply to attend Network workshops and events. In becoming a member you understand and agree that:
- Submission of an application to attend an event does not constitute confirmation that a place has been awarded to you.
- In the event that you are successful in your application to attend a Network event, you will receive a confirmatory email upon the award of your place followed by full attendance details which will be made available to you no less than two weeks before the event is due to take place.
- The University will not be held liable for any costs incurred by you prior to a confirmed place being awarded.
- The University will not be held liable for costs incurred due to circumstances outside of our control, such as transport delays or late changes in venue availability.
- Network events will be free to attend and all two day events will include free accommodation for the evening of Day 1. Attendees will be responsible for any travel and subsistence costs incurred up to the point of their arrival at the event venue and for their return journey at the end of the event.
5. Updates to terms and conditions
The University may revise these terms and conditions of membership at any time. We will post a notification of any changes we make on the website and notify you by email. You will have the option to terminate your membership if you do not agree with future changes to terms and conditions.
6. Governing law and dispute resolution
These terms and conditions are governed by, and to be construed in accordance with, English Law. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which has arisen or may arise out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions.