This conference is aimed at PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and early career industry researchers who are members of one of the BBSRC Networks in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy (NIBB). The objective of the conference is to broaden your awareness of possible careers outside of the university laboratory, and highlight the professional skills you will need in addition to your technical skills.
At this free two day event, you will:
- Find out about current job and career opportunities in industry, with industrial speakers and panel members, and speakers from Innovate UK and the KTN
- Reflect on your career to date and identify skill gaps
- Learn about communicating science and creating impact
- Get tips on how to write funding applications and business cases
- Find out about the latest science and training opportunities available to you
- Meet with non-lab practitioners for 1-2-1 session to discuss your future plans
- Network with your fellow delegates and speakers at the conference dinner
All meals and refreshment breaks are provided; overnight accommodation is also included for the evening of 18th July 2018 if required. HVCfP has fifteen places available on a first come, first served basis; please read cogent Event Terms and Conditions before registering.
Registration will open soon
Registration deadline will be May 16th 2018